It has begun. The process has slowed a little because instead of painting everything; I have decided to paint each object then bring it into UDK. This way I have a little more quality control and can find and fix material issues more quickly (main room emissives, and console glass, I’m looking at you).
After re-examining my references, I decided to restart the TARDIS aspect of the project. Using a floor plan of the set provided by the user Kingpin over at tardisbuilders.com, the interior is coming along much more nicely. I expect to be texturing it by this weekend, and aim to have it in UDK before the 23rd. Initial UDK testing of the room is showing to be highly promising. I will post pics of that in a day or two.
Extra-Life.org is running a charity gaming marathon to raise money for local children’s hospitals. This is a really cool way to raise money for charity and to help sick children.
If you want to join, here is their website:
If you want to help the cause, but can’t dedicate the time due to obligations or work, you can sponsor someone to play! Here is the link to my page should you choose to sponsor:
Took me longer than it should have ((almost a year *cough cough*)) but finally have my resume up and ready! And it’s available in 3 formats, with a possible OpenOffice version coming soon.
Well the Solminus project is about wrapped up, finished a flying castle, and a temple made of metal instead of stone. Been a crazy 11 weeks, however don’t think I’ll be idle for the 3 week summer break. I’m working on some landscape paintings in Photoshop, keeping up my graphite and charcoal abilities, and I’m working on a remake of a Metroid Prime: Hunters multiplayer map in UDK. I’ll post more about most of these later. Also, in case it’s hard to see, the website has been updated and redesigned. I think it’s looking pretty good. Anyways, I leave you with this for the summer:
An updated video of the Solminus Project. The snow has been changed out for a particle system, more textures added, and the timing has been reworked. The Skyward Sword effect has not been implemented yet though it is ready, and for some reason the video quality is lower even though it was rendered on the same machine with the same settings. Will look into this further.